Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 20 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.22.09


All dressed for Christian's birthday party. Going to a birthday for a one-year old was great. When I was putting Addison to bed tonight, I rocked her and thought of the feeling I had the night of her first birthday . . . I think that was the first time I truly relaxed as a mother. I believe that the first year is all about SURVIVAL. Survival for the child, but for the parents too. Nothing harder than that first year . . . but nothing more wonderfully rewarding about watching your own child grow and learn. When you've got a baby everyone tells you, "It gets even better," and while you can't believe them at the time . . . you quickly learn that they were absolutely correct.

Happy Birthday Christain and Happy 20 Months and 26 days Addison!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment